Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Instagram, Progression not Perfection

It has been quite the year since I have last posted! So many wonderful, awful, hard, awesome, and regular everyday things have happened. I would love to say that I lost a whole bunch of weight and feel better than ever, but I haven't and I don't. (At least not physically) But I've learned some things about myself (like how I don't deal with stress well!), and I am trying to get back on track with my health again. 
I decided to go the Instagram route because it is so easy to snap a photo and write a little snippet to keep myself motivated. I have only been doing it for a week, but so far I am loving doing it this way. Here are just a few of the things I've documented so far. 


Me after a workout at the gym. Yep. I've officially become one of "those people" who take selfies of themselves. Mostly I am doing it to track my progress though, so hopefully it doesn't seem like I am just way into myself. ;) Not gonna lie, I feel silly trying to take pictures of myself in public. Oh well though!
I like to find motivational quotes to make me think and to remind myself I've got what it takes!
So, I love food. I figured this would be a great way to document what I eat throughout the day, and it would motivate me to eat more colorful foods because it looks more presentable! I haven't documented everything I eat yet, but it actually has helped some! 
I thought this quote was perfect for my circumstances. It is so important to never give up, even if you get off track like I did for awhile. I love that as long as I am alive there is still an opportunity to try again.
I found an app for my phone called Fitness Buddy, you've probably heard of it, but it is so awesome. You can log in your weight, body measurements, and it will track your progress for those as well as creating your own custom workouts where it can track the weights and reps you do so you can see how you progress there too. So awesome! It's cool because there are so many exercises you can add to it so that you aren't doing the same things every day.
Well, that's pretty much what I am doing! 
Feel free to find & follow me on Instagram! My account name is fit_real_life, and I decided to go for that name because I am trying to be real. I am by no means going to be perfect and I am going to stumble at times still. My philosophy right now is that my life is real, and I have to be real about what I can accomplish. My goal is to be fit, not skinny; healthy, not health-obsessed; progress, not perfection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment