Monday, April 30, 2012

Mission Slimpossible!

Alright, here is the part I dread. but maybe if I post my fat pictures it will motivate me more! 
I even edited them to show you just what I'm gonna do!
As you can see I have some work to do! 
This is me checking in at 200.2 lbs
Yep. That is THE MOST I have ever weighed ever in my life! 
I have gained 20 lbs since I got home from my mission in September 2011. 
What the heck!?! So frustrating. But I did it to myself! Now I need to fix it. 

A nice side view for you. Yep, gonna do everything I said in this picture. How you ask?
Training for a 1/2 marathon: 
4 days of running per week
Strength training and walks in between!
And my least favorite...
Yuck! You don't ever really see what your back side looks like, and its probably a good thing!
On top of making sure I get my exercise, I also need to revamp my diet.
I am NOT going to go extreme, but I do need to eat healthier.
I haven't totally made a diet plan yet, but in general:

Breakfast options: 200-300 cal
(an hour before I workout)
yogurt, fruit, and toast or bagel
whole grain cereal w/ milk
scrambled eggs with veggies
smoothie with toast/bagel
(basically anything breakfastee protein and carbs)

Morning Snack: 150-200 cal
(usually after a workout)
fruit w/ peanut butter
cottage cheese w/ fruit or veggies
string cheese & green veggies
nuts & dark chocolate/dried fruit
Chocolate milk (reduced fat) & banana

Lunch: 300-400 cal
1/2 tuna sandwich
1/2 pb&j sandwich
strawberry chicken spinach salad
lean burrito w/ salsa
healthy whole grain nachos
homemade pita pizza w/veggies
(carbs, protein, and veggies/fruit)

Afternoon Snack: 100-200 cal
(choice of previous snacks or:)
granola bar & fruit
yogurt with berries
smoothie 
veggie sticks & hummus
whole wheat chips & salsa

Dinner: 400-500 cal
Anything, just keep portion control decently healthy!
Preferably lean meat, veggies, whole grain, and fruit. 

Desserts: no more than 100 cal
(this will be my hard spot!)
1 small chocolate/hard candy a day or a very healthy fruity dessert!
Chew lots of gum to keep me away from sweets!

Total daily calories: 1200-1600
I will stick to this program 6 days a week.
The other day, probably sunday, will be my free day where I will still try to eat healthy but I can allow my mom's rolls and a good dessert! :) 
And it is the ultimate day of rest for my body too! 

I am excited and it is going to take some serious 
motivation, persistence, and discipline. 
I am going to keep this all updated as best as I can.
 I can do this!


5 comments:

  1. Can I just say that your graphics sure make this blog cool! And how did you get your cool little share bar at the bottom here? Add pinterest too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! you know, i can't really remember how i added those buttons.. haha I did it to my other blog on my mission and it just automatically put them on this one.. as soon as i figure out the pinterest one i will let you know though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wooohoooo!! You go girl!! I'm proud of you. Great motivation!! Thank you!! :) Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crystal I love this! Can you do one for me? or I will just follow yours, we are starting out at about the same... here's to Bryce Canyon 1/2 Marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I took a very round about way to get my FB, Pinterest, and twitter buttons on my blog... so I could maybe teach you how. I just like the organization and simplicity of your buttons:)

    And umm... we need to run together:) I was trying to go today and attempting to do it with a double stroller in the heat... bad idea.. I think I went maybe a half a mile. Must run without kids at least until I have a real jogging stroller.

    ReplyDelete