Monday, March 10, 2014

Short Update

Oh hello, it has been a great while since I have last posted here.
I just wanted you all (if anyone is even reading this anymore, lol) to know that I have not given up on my health goals and journey. Things have changed dramatically though and my approach is different. In case you didn't know, I was diagnosed with PCOS last September and have been doing things that you can read about here ever since.

I won't update you on all of that because it is tiring and redundant.. but what I will tell you is that I feel much better now than I did. Knowing why I was gaining weight is comforting, even though it is still frustrating! :) I have tried hard to incorporate more exercise into my routine and I am learning about foods that help with insulin resistance. There is a whole lot of health jazz I could go into, but I will spare you and just tell you to go read my PCOS blog. (I'm nice that way... haha.)

As far as weight goes, I haven't lost any but losing pounds is no longer my goal. It is way too frustrating to track that. Instead I am paying more attention to how I feel as far as energy and attitude and how I am improving in my fitness abilities and food habits. I have definitely seen an improvement on my energy as I have incorporated exercise and my PCOS vitamin supplements. Food is continuing to be a struggle, but I do think I have gotten a better handle on my cravings. Some weeks and days are better or worse than others.

Yep, that is pretty much it right now. Sorry it has been so long!

No comments:

Post a Comment