Tuesday, May 1, 2012

My Running Tips 101

I have run 4 miles twice now! Last night I did it in 57 min 33 sec!  I have to admit I thought I'd be a little faster than that, but its ok. I definitely pushed myself hard, but I also checked my heart rate as I went so that I didn't have a heart attack and pass out! Although it felt like I was going to anyway a couple times!


(Btw, if you are looking for something to help you map out your runs: www.mapmyrun.com is a great website! It even tells you the elevation of your run, and you can write down what kind of route (trail, road, bike, etc) it is! After you run it you type in the time it took and it will give you your speed and minute mile! It's pretty cool, I recommend it!)


My Runner's Advice:
If you are like me, running isn't all that fun while I'm in the middle of it. So what I did yesterday is took pictures while I ran! (Ever seen yes man? I love Zooey Deschanel, and this is what she does on her run in the movie) 


While you are out running, look around! Like this picture says, soak in your surroundings! I love nature and while I am outside trying to break a sweat I feel rejuvenated when I can look out and see the sunset going down behind the mountains. Nature refreshes me! Next time try it out. Breathe in the fresh air and feel the breeze passing as you go. I promise you it will make you feel better!


A silly thing I do while I run is watch my shadow. If i look down and see myself hunched over ready to pass out, I realize I better straighten my body out!


It helps me make sure I have good posture.


I'm pretty sure that when you are pushing your body to change, you need to make sure it is in a good position! You don't want yourself coming out looking like young Frankenstein! (haha, I just had an image of myself looking just like him while trying to run.. I probably look closer to that than I would hope for!) 


For your  information, I found this picture from pinterest. Just some advice on posture while running:
Good luck remembering all that info! ;)

Lyrics from One Day Remains --Alter Bridge
Ok and lastly, this is my most favorite one: Music & Uplifting thoughts.
For me the most important thing that keeps me going is the music I listen to as well as what thoughts I am thinking. if I am thinking how hard this is, how slow I am going, and how hot and sweaty I am; I am going to run out of energy FAST! But if I am telling myself how awesome I am and how much farther I can go, I am much happier. You gotta believe in yourself, and that YOU CAN DO IT! 
take the advice here-------------------->

I love the moment in my run where I realize I am ALIVE and I am succeeding!! It is an awesome feeling. 

The music I listen to has quite an influence on my runs as well. Some of it is just positive lyrics I can focus on, and other times it is either a constant beat or something to get me going my fastest. 

A few songs from my playlist:
One Day Remains - Alter Bridge
Young Blood - The Naked and Famous
Bangarang - Skrillex (for those who like dubstep)
Cinema (Skrillex Remix) - Benny Bennassi (another dubstep)
Kings and Queens - 30 Seconds to Mars
Time of Our Lives - Paul Van Dyk
Song 2 - Blur
Start the Machine - Angels & Airwaves
Shake It Out - Florence + the Machine
Somebody Like You - Keith Urban
Sexy and I know it - LMFAO
Panama - Van Halen
How to train Your Dragon - John Powell (shut up, I like it!)
Soccent Attack - Steve Jablonsky
I Don't Think Now is the Best Time - Hans Zimmer
Fireworks - Harry Potter Soundtrack
(you should seriously try running to intense soundtrack songs. its like you are in a movie!)

Whelp, good luck and happy running! :)
(disclaimer: I am by no means a running expert, I am just telling you what has worked for me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment