Sunday, July 29, 2012

Coconut Banana Smoothie

I love sweets. It can be a problem and a hold-up for me in my weight loss. So whenever I create a treat of some sort that is semi-healthy I get really excited!! I usually use a banana, milk, the Breakfast Essentials chocolate powder and some ice cubes to make a chocolate smoothie. I don't know that it is super healthy, but its good! I figure its better than a full blown chocolate shake though!

Yesterday I had to improvise a little because we didn't have any milk. But we did have vanilla coconut milk! I also ditched the chocolate powder. I don't really like the coconut milk by itself or even with cereal, but this little smoothie of mine was actually pretty good! It reminded me a little of a horchata, those yummy white drinks in Mexican restaurants.

All you need is:
3/4 c vanilla coconut milk
1 banana (frozen or fresh)
ice cubes for desired consistency
dash of cinnamon

And for your nutritional info: 165 calories, 4g fat, 20 g sugar (but it is a more natural sugar...!)
Not too bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment